PDA

View Full Version : IoB mystery surprise...

Beta_Ray_Bill
09-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Has any one else gotten one of these? Its just a small sprue, a little smaller than your hand, and it comes with what we figure to be two zombies. Two bodies with some small round terrain molded around their feet, and four human looking heads.

Does any one know about these guys? What are they supposed to be, or did we just get a random sprue thrown in the box?

Limey El'Jonson
09-06-2010, 12:42 AM
Got a picture?

Beta_Ray_Bill
09-06-2010, 12:55 AM
A picture should be coming shortly. Going to be from an Iphone, so I can't guarantee a quality pic, but I suppose it's better than nothing.

The friend whom I split the box with hung on to the sprue, otherwise I'd have put it up right away, but it should be up tonight.

shyft87
09-06-2010, 02:45 AM
are the bases actually round?

and are the torso's seperate from the legs, with hands out at the sides, leaning forward?

maybe a knive, a meat cleaver and a claw on the sprue too?

Kaine
09-06-2010, 04:05 AM
Was it actually in the IOB box and did you buy from an independent.

It almost sounds like a sample of the Mantic zombies, but if thats the case i'd assume it was put in by the independent retailer since i doubt GW are sticking a competitors product in :)

GW dont tend to make spru's that small but Mantic do.

shyft87
09-06-2010, 04:36 AM
Was it actually in the IOB box and did you buy from an independent.

It almost sounds like a sample of the Mantic zombies, but if thats the case i'd assume it was put in by the independent retailer since i doubt GW are sticking a competitors product in :)

GW dont tend to make spru's that small but Mantic do.

thats the angle I was thinking... Except I'd guess ghoul rather than zombie,

mantic have given out a truckload of free ghouls, but no zeds

Beta_Ray_Bill
09-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Sorry this took so long, my phone is/was having trouble uploading. I hope it worked. A guy we know thinks it comes from Mantic games, which just adds even more confusion...

Edit: Yes, it was from an independant. My buddy works for a hobby store, so we got a nice discount. :)

Limey El'Jonson
09-06-2010, 10:56 AM
That's freakin hilarious. They're samples from Mantic Games of their ghouls, definitely. I should know - I'm painting mine right now! I would suppose your FLGS threw them in for giggles.

shyft87
09-06-2010, 12:50 PM
can't go wrong with mantic,

decent sculpts that allow you to make a horde quickly and cheaply...

Beta_Ray_Bill
09-06-2010, 04:07 PM
As it turns out, the store's distributor threw them in, at least that's what I'm told... Either way, that's exactly what they are, and thanks for the help all!