PDA

View Full Version : New (old git) member

Deadlift
09-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Hi Guys and Gals

Im 35 soon (this saturday) and have a wife and 2 children. I have a partnership in an amusement arcade which i run on a day to day basis.

So not really new to the hobby, been back painting and playing (mainly 40k) for about 3-4 years now. Used to play years ago and found myself wandering into a games workshop with my wife and kids and took up the hobby again.

I play Necrons, Deathguard, Tau and a bit of everything else. I am more a painter than a gamer but enjoy all aspects of the hobby and really love the black libary books.

Besides tabletop games my other big hobby / sport is powerlifting which is usually confused with bodybuilding but is actually quite different. I lift weights 3 times a week to get stronger in the 3 powerlifting lifts which are the bench press, squat and deadlift. Bodybuilders lift to look good, shave their body hair, spray fake tan and wear skimpy trunks.

So basically my life consists of working, eating, lifting, eating, having some quality time with my family, eating and then some more eating :) and when I have time some 40k as well.

I love to paint and have won a few comps and if you twist my arm may post a few pics.

Looks like a great site and I hope to add something of use to the forums from time to time.

Bigred
09-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Welcome to the Lounge Deadlift.

Make yourself at home, and we would love to see some pics of your minis.

You can use the gallery right away, and attach images to posts after you have 10 racked up.

david5th
09-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Hello and welcome Deadlift.